How it works
The World is Our Neighbourhood
Localoids is a tribe of like-minded people who crave colourful cultures, meaningful conversations, real experiences and loads of fun.
We help each other in any and every way possible, whether travelling or staying local, with the aim of creating international friendships that bring the world a little bit closer together.
So everywhere in our global neighbourhood – you know you’ve got people who are just like you. An Amigo, a Comrade… a Localoid.
What you can do
- Meet cool people living in the area
- Get local advice to discover interesting places, and share local experiences
- You can even stay with friendly locals
- In return, help a Local with anything you can, like photography, or music, or by cooking them a nice meal.
- Share your culture with them and help them practice your language while you chat or explore the area
When staying local:
- Meet cool people travelling in your area
- And why not ask for some help? People travelling might have some photography, music or other skills or knowledge you would like to learn
- You can also practice a language with a Traveller as you learn about their culture or explore the local area
- Give local advice and help them discover your town and culture
- You can even decide to host a traveller at your place
Register your interest
We’re taking Localoids global, but first, we want to make sure we’re doing it right, so we’re keeping it nearby for now.
Anyone can join, but to start with, we’re going to focus on people living and travelling to:
Right now, we're taking registrations of interest before we soft launch in September.
Once we’re live and you have registered, you can browse, read blogs, forums, profiles, etc. for free. A membership will be needed to interact with other members. Why? It’s mainly a safety thing. We want to make sure everyone is a real person. Also, we need some funds to run the site while keeping the amount of advertising low.
So enter your email address below to register your interest and become a founding member. We’ll keep you updated when our community is launched.
And if you have any like-minded friends who would love to be involved, do them a favour and let them know. Oh, and if we get a lot of registrations from your town/city, we’ll open it up there too!Register